Two people killed bomb attack mousque in Libiya

At least two people have been killed and scores wounded in a bombing at a mosque in Libya’s eastern city of Benghazi, according to medical sources.
The casualties were caused by two suspected improvised explosive devices which went off at the Saad Ben Obadah mosque during Friday prayers.
Mutaz al-Mu’tri, Benghazi’s security directorate spokesperson, said two bomb bags had been used in the attack, according to Libya’s 218 tv news channel.
Medics told Reuters news agency that at least two people were killed and 55 were wounded. Local media news reports put the number of those injured at 129.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility.
It has since imposed strict military control on the city and other parts of eastern Libya under its control.
The fighting in Benghazi was part of a broader conflict that developed in Libya after former ruler Muammar Gaddafi was removed from power and killed in a NATO-backed uprising in 2011.
The North African nation has had competing governments aligned with rival military factions based in Tripoli and the east since 2014.

Star FM is the leading Somali-language radio station in Somalia, Kenya and Ethiopia. It is independent, neutral and listener-driven. Tune in today for reliable news and exciting programmes.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *